2012 – 2013 Practice Questions
Practice Extemporaneous Speaking Questions Set #2
United States Extemp
1. Is another round of quantitative easing by the Federal Reserve the right step to take to spur greater economic growth?
2. What impact have the party conventions had on the race for President in 2012?
3. What impact will the Chicago teacher’s strike have on the future of education reform?
4. Should the U.S. focus more on renewable energy or domestic fossil fuels to meet its energy needs?
5. Is America taking the right steps to strengthen environmental protection here at home?
6. Should the federal government focus more on economic stimulus or reform to spur growth?
7. Has “Obamacare” helped or harmed America’s healthcare system?
8. Should all Americans be required to pay more in federal taxes?
9. What steps should the federal government take to reform our nation’s immigration laws?
10. Has President Obama earned a second term?
1. Is the European Union headed for collapse?
2. Is “Cyber Warfare” the next great threat to world peace and stability?
3. What does the future hold for civilian leadership in Egypt?
4. What steps must the international community take to stem the tide of human trafficking?
5. Should India abolish the death penalty?
6. Will Colombia’s talks with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) succeed in restoring peace and prosperity?
7. What actions should the international community take to resolve the conflict in Syria?
8. What impact will the violence directed against Muslims have on the upcoming elections in Kenya?
9. Will new rules on transparency help the world to control the trade in conflict minerals?
10. Are China and Japan headed towards conflict over the Senkaku Islands?
Practice Extemporaneous Speaking Questions Set #1
United States Extemp
1. Does the selection of Representative Ryan as Vice Presidential running mate help or hurt Mitt Romney’s chances to win election 2012?
2. Will Tea Party actions help or hurt the GOP in the 2012 congressional elections?
3. Should Congress repeal the upcoming automatic cuts to defense spending known as “sequestration”?
4. Do recent mass shooting tragedies indicate a need for America to strengthen gun control legislation?
5. Will strengthened teacher evaluation standards improve education in America?
6. What steps should Congress take to reform Medicare?
7. Does geological carbon capture offer America a viable solution to curb our greenhouse gas emissions?
8. Is the U.S. Federal Government doing enough to protect America’s food supply?
9. Were President Obama’s attempts to stimulate the U.S. economy successful?
10. Which version, Obama’s or Romney’s, of Medicare’s future is more persuasive to the America’s electorate?
1. Do China’s claims in the South China Sea threaten the peace and stability of the region?
2. Is Afghanistan prepared for the 2014 withdrawal of the U.S. military combat forces?
3. Have economic sanctions helped or hindered international efforts to prevent a nuclear armed Iran?
4. What does the future hold for the European Union?
5. Is the targeted killing of America’s enemies an effective execution of U.S. foreign policy?
6. Is America’s use of drone strikes helping win or prolong the “War on Terror”?
7. What steps should the international community take next to combat global climate change?
8. Should America intervene more explicitly in Syria’s internal strife?
9. Is Somalia on the path to peace and stability?
10. Does Egypt’s deployment of military weapons to the Sinai threaten Israel’s security?
Practice Questions Summer 2012.
1. What is the greatest current threat to United States national security?
2. What steps should the United States take to improve national security?
3. Does President Obama’s National Security Strategy provide the right course of action in securing our nation?
4. Do politicians over-inflate the risks that are posed to U.S. national security?
5. Is U.S. national security under greater threat today then during the Cold War?
6. Is the United States prepared for future terrorist attacks here at home?
7. Does transnational terrorism still threaten United States national security?
8. Is the United States on the verge of defeating al Qaeda?
9. Does China pose a legitimate threat to U.S. national security?
10. Does nuclear proliferation pose a legitimate threat to U.S. national security?